Attaching .png to product not working right really

Hi,
Files I’ve used as a “dummy photo” for years are suddenly not displaying when I add them. Presumably this is due to your changing the renaming of duplicate files. It seems to work half the time and not half the rest of the time. Please check that, try some .png files and make sure it’s working right!

screenshot

Hi there!

Thank you for pointing this out! The issue has been logged as a bug for our dev team to look into. It is as you mentioned, connected duplicate files. This happens when the same image is being used across multiple products with the same filename. This is across all file types, not just PNGs. Changing the filename prior to uploading will allow the image to upload and display for the time being.

Thanks Eric. If I can share my opinion on it, this seems like a good time to allow you to browse to images that were uploaded in the past and not require storing so many of the same image on your servers. E.g. let’s say I have 15 ‘dummy’ photos that are either the final image or one that is used until creative work is completed…I should be able to just re-use the same image by browsing to it instead of making separate versions of the same image.