Auto populate email

Hello,
I am trying to send an email to club members asking them to check their details prior to processing a club shipment. I have written the email in the contacts->email documents. I had to create my own email category called club email. I am then trying to use the auto populate tags //ClubShippingAddress// and //CreditCardInfo// but these are not working. I am sending the email through store -> clubs -> send club email. The tags //FirstName// //LastName// and //Username// all work.
Would this be happening because I did not have a category called Club Emails? Any other suggestions? Feedback from Vin65 is taking a while because I am in Australia adn I really need to get these email sout.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I believe that in order to populate //ClubShippingAddress// and //CreditCardInfo// you need to send this email through club processing.

Since it is possible for a club member to be a member of two clubs, sending an email through “Send Club Email” won’t populate those tags because if you have a member with multiple clubs the tool won’t know which club’s shipping address and credit card you are referring to. When you send that email in the club processing tool, you have already selected a club for processing so it will populate the tags with the info from that specific club. The tags //FirstName// //LastName// and //Username// all work in your example because those are tags whose populated data does not change in any situation.

I keep this doc bookmarked: https://documentation.vin65.com/Contacts/Email-Documents/Auto-Populating-Data-In-An-Email

3 Likes

Thank you Dan, that makes sense, but not really how it is described in the documentation mentioned above. Now I just need to work out how to test it as you can;t select a test contact type/list from club processing.
Thanks again for your help, I am one step closer!

Yippee!! Thanks again Dan! It worked. I just skipped myself and then sent the email to skipped members and Voila, autopopulation is working #happydance On reading the documentation above again it does make sense. I was reading send club emails documentation which is a bit different.
Cheers
Bec

2 Likes