Auto Populating Tag Does Not Work in Test Email

Hello.

We are trying to create a ‘Club Signup Conformation’ system email that includes information about the membership and the name of the club they signed up for (there are four different categories of the club). We have included the Auto Populating Tags //FirstName//, //LastName//, //ClubName// and //ClubInformation// (just how it’s shown in the documentation - https://documentation.vin65.com/Contacts/Email-Documents/System-Emails), but when we send out a TEST email, the only Auto Populating Tag that words is the //FirstName// and //LastName//. Why is this?

Thank you for your help.
Treleaven

What method are you using to send your test email?

To elaborate on the previous comment: If you’re just typing in the email address when you’re sending the test then the tags won’t work because the system won’t be linking to any contacts. To test the tags you need to send to an actual list from the drop down menu when sending your email. In my system I have a list called Test set up.

1 Like

To elaborate even further, you pretty much need to test any auto pop emails in their natural environment. If I understand correctly what you are creating, this email test should be sent from a test contact, in the manage clubs section.