Changing/Adding Shipping Type

Can you change or add another shipping status type?

IE: Change/Rename Handled Externally to Future Ship?

I know you can add a future ship date, but that can’t be changed once the order is processed.

Echoing Lfredericks question.

I’ll try to answer as well as I understand what you are asking -

• If you do not specify a ship date at the time the order processes, you cannot assign a Future Ship Date. If you do specify a ship date, you can change the Future Ship Date after you process the order.

• You can change the shipping status as much as you want. You can’t create your own shipping status but you can change the status from the dropdown list of options. There is no shipping status called “Future Ship” but you can have an order that has no shipping status and that has a specified Future Ship Date.

@LFredericks Unfortunately, the Shipping Statuses available on the system cannot be deleted or renamed as you describe. We only have the 6 standard Shipping Status, which is baked into the system for all our clients and it’s not customizable at this time. Hope this helps and sorry for the limitations!

It would be great if you could add another option called “Ship with Wine Club” or something similar. We have members who place their online orders without selecting the “ship with my next package” so we end up having to do more work to properly mark off their shipping.

1 Like

@emily3 - I’ve created a WineDirect Idea entry for this suggestion here: https://ideas.winedirect.com/ideas/SC-I-444

Please vote and comment as you see fit :slight_smile: