Club Questions

Hello!

I have a few questions on clubs and I couldn’t find the information in the documentation. I’m hoping the community can help me out.

1. Some customers request a shipment hold on their club package, is there a way to do that from the processing section? I see I can edit and add items to their club order but I can’t edit the ship date.
  2. Is there a way for the customer to select a shipping company. For example some customers prefer FedEx over our default of UPS.
  3. We ship our club wines in wooden boxes, but some customers prefer not to receive them. Is there a way they can make that selection in their user panel? Right now I have a separate club setup for non boxes, but I’m managing 6 clubs for 1 shipment.

Thank you!

1. When you say “hold” what specifically are you referring to just so we’re on the same page.

2. You can set up different shipping strategies and different shipping methods within those strategies. There will be a default method for clubs, but you can change it manually and customers will have to request that change.

3. Possibly. Who ships your wines for you? In-house or a fulfillment location?

Ed, thank you for your response.

1. The hold I’m referring to is a future ship date. I send club emails in advance to let members know when we are going ship and some email back asking to delay their shipment until a specific date. I’d like to run everyone in the club, but let fulfillment know to ship later.

2. I think I figured this one out. I have to do it on a case by case basis, but at least the option is there.

3. A fullfiment location takes care of our shipping. I have it setup as a SKU for the wine, then a bundle for the box to track shipping. That bundle is sent as another SKU to fulfillment so that they know it’s the boxed wine. I’d love it if the customer can select box or no box. If no box, then the bottle SKU is send, if there’s a box then the bundle SKU is sent.

When you are in the order inside the club batch, you click the pencil beside the shipping cost on the review panel and in the window that pops up, you change the future ship on date there… It will change it just for that order