Changing the ship date after the order has been processed

Does anyone know how to change the shipping date after the order has been rung up? I need to place a weather hold on a shipment and did not do so while ringing up the order. I would imagine there is a way to fix this after that fact. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As far as I have been able to tell, if you did not specify a ship date at the time of order completion, you are unable to add a future ship date to the order.

Seems like a glaring omission to me.

2 Likes

I agree with Ryan. No way to over-ride the date once it has been processed.

Option 1: Cancel order and reprocess it. If you do this before the original charge settles, it will just void the transaction so it only hits their card once.

Option 1: Depending on your fulfillment stack, you may also change the future ship date in ShipCompliant or your Fulfillment house, though this will not be shown on the customer’s receipt.

Want to see this fixed? Vote for this at the Wine Direct Ideas page

Thank you, that was super helpful. I greatly appreciate your response.

Thanks for replying. I think that it is quite the omission as well.

Okay, thank you

can’t you open up the order, go to the shipments tab, change the ship date and reprocess it?

I use this to copy and past the tracking number and date once I get it from fedex.
Nadine

No. When I open up the order and go to the shipments tab, it only lets me change the shipping status but not the shipping date.