Club Membership Invitation Not Going Through

We have a gift membership situation using the new tools where the giftee is not receiving the invitation email. Is there a way to manually activate the club on his behalf, or does anyone have any suggestions for why he may not be receiving it? It’s a hotmail account, and he says he has checked his junk folder as well as his inbox. I’ve rechecked the address and been able to send regular emails to it, but for some reason this one isn’t going through.

Also, I don’t see a spot where I can check to see if the giftee has received the invitation email. It doesn’t seem to appear under either the billing contact or the giftee contact.

OK, after some more investigation I discovered that I can view the sent invitation emails in the email documents section, but this particular email is not showing as bounced–it’s just not being received.

If it’s sending from Vin65 and not bouncing, perhaps it’s on their end?

We see this far less frequently these days, but in the old days of POP email accounts, somebody might take their Hotmail account and set it up in Outlook. Two different Junk folders existed, one at the server level (accessible through web-based Hotmail) and one at the local level (on their computer in Outlook). When you say “check your Junk folder,” they would just look locally, but the server-side Junk had already nabbed it. They would just have to log in to to the web-based version to see it.

If it’s not that, my next guess is that your SPF records aren’t set up properly in your domain DNS and Hotmail is blocking emails because of it.

If not that, I would accuse your customer of lying.

1 Like

This is an older customer, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they were looking in the wrong place. We got our SPF records sorted last year, so I’m pretty sure that’s not the issue.

In any case, I was able to pull the link from the email documents section and get him signed up that way.

Thanks for your help!