Degraded Performance, Again

So disappointing, trying to “Sell More Wine” and the order screen will not load.

3 Likes

I’d like to see WineDirect to some postmortems on these issues that explain what happened and how they are going to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

As “The Winery’s Champion” (their new slogan), I expect better transparency from them than they’ve offered in the past, which bordered on client hostility.

5 Likes

I agree a more holistic review of these issues is needed. We have ongoing issues of our POS freezing, or timing out, and funds either not collected or duplicate charges as a result. It’s been months of back and forth and it seems as though only the individual cases are being reviewed, rather than getting to the route of the issue.

3 Likes

And now we’re having timeouts and as per the status page, POS performance is at 1000ms average.

It’s time to have a real conversation about performance and system stability.

1 Like

Apparently WineDirect also had a significant problem with their SSL certificate issuer this week that prevented many Firefox users from accessing our sites and instead gave them this error:

An error occurred during a connection to yourdomain.com . Peer’s Certificate has been revoked. Error code: SEC_ERROR_REVOKED_CERTIFICATE

Again, I would challenge WineDirect to be more transparent about these issues in the future.

Hi all,

We take all service interruptions very seriously, and our goal is always to minimize their impact on you and your winery. Just as it is for you, now is our busiest time of year and our team has been working hard to keep our servers stable.

Unfortunately, yesterday we experienced some rolling service outages that affected the site admin, which have been fully resolved. Today we deployed a hot fix to the POS causing a brief spike in response times. This is now fully back to normal.

With regards to the SSL certificates, this affected a small number of websites and was due to a widespread service issue with our vendor Digicert that has impacted many other websites. We have now resolved all known issues with them.

You can monitor the status of all issues at http://status.winedirect.com/. Our team posts real-time statuses and explanations here and it’s the best way to get accurate information. If you are looking for a history, click the history tab at the bottom of the status page to see previous fixes and notes.