Do any system emails go to 'ship to email' address?

Hello did you get a reply on this question?
It was from 2018 - do recipients get tracking info and updates if email is different from purchaser?

The WineDirect tracking emails go to the billing address email unless they are for virtual gift cards, which do go to the shipping address email.

thanks for the reply Ed

I NEED them to go to the individuals when doing these large Corporate upload imports. The purchaser need not know all the details on 60 or more different shipments.

I have several large orders coming next week. Corporate gifts - virtual tastings so we are sending wine to employees etc.

How are you fulfilling these corporate orders?

we do it in house

About to do my second one this week.

Since WineDirect’s tracking emails won’t do this, is there a way to send a UPS/FedEx notification to your recipients when you create the labels?

wait woah; so i have been wrong all this time in assuming that the tracking goes to the email attached to the shipping address? It goes to the contact/billing email anyways?

Yes. The only instance in which it goes to the shipping address email is a virtual gift card.

This makes absolutely zero sense to me - how does the gift recipient know they have an adult signature box arriving? What’s the point of putting a gift message in an order if the email generated does not go to the recipient ? Some / many folks are moving away from paper inserts in boxes and would rely on the the email gift message as their announcement of the gift .

2 Likes

Agreed and frustrating especially since most of us discover this with much detective work when investigating returns. The corporate order importer has nothing in the documentation noting this.

We don’t run shipcompliant, but does anyone know if this can be set up as an auto-tracking email through them?

Everybody should vote for this feature! It doesn’t have many yet. https://ideas.winedirect.com/ideas/SC-I-285