UPS Shipping and Email oddities

Okay here is the deal: We use the EasyShipper VIn65 set up with action emails - it is beautiful, amazing, elegant, and slick.

UPS screws this whole deal all up and here is how. We set future ship dates, then print the labels for our wine club (i.e. pack and print Wednesday the week before shipping). From the VIn65 side everything is kosher - but as soon as VIn65 creates the table it triggers UPS to send a notification e-mail. I have chatted with UPS and they say it is Vin65 requisition that e-mail to get sent - I highly doubt that - but in case I missed something does anyone know a way to fix this?

@Karson is this in your bailiwick? @ElJefe - have you see this?

1 Like

I don’t do this anymore. If I EasyShip it is usually same day.

Back when we were on Crossware the club batch label printing would happen in advance of packing. I don’t a UPS email going early being an issue. But I bet what is happening is that since EasyShip doesn’t do the system tracking emails you get when you have WD Fulfillment, UPS is enabled to do the emails by Vin65…

(So what is a little funny is that I had a customer the other day request this specific behavior - send tracking as soon as a label is printed. WD doesn’t do that.)

1 Like

Like you said - not a huge issue - but for self fulfilling it does raise some eyebrows. I would love to have Winedirect fulfill, but shipping my inventory to CA just to ship it back to CO (90% of our sales DTC) seems wrong.

Hmm,

We did make sure to not send emails via UPS in our APIs, since we like giving you guys control over this, did they give any notion to what call / attribute this is in the API?

Of course not! I don’t really know how to hunt this one down either…

Do you have one of the emails that gets sent out you could forward to me? Karson@vin65.com

It is just the standard UPS shipping notification E-mail that we all get from time to time - I haven’t had a customer forward on so I don’t have one to send - but it comes from pkginfo@ups.com.

I have this problem as well. here’s what happens…

I create a label today , but don’t want to send the package until next week. However there is an automatic email that generates every time a label is created. that email goes to the customer and boom, customer freaks because “that’s not my request, i wont be home etc” or better yet, for Wine club this is a HUGE issue!

Can I turn off these notifications?

Thank you, Melissa

2 Likes

No way that I know of can you turn off emails that are auto-generated by anything.

This is a case of “if it hurts don’t do that”. Either find a way not to make a label until the day you ship, or send an email to the customer before you make the label saying to ignore the next email. You could also modify the text in the auto email to explain that sometimes we print labels early and don’t panic…

How can I modify the verbiage of the email if I can’t find it in the email queue?

It should be one of the system emails. Email docs under contacts.

it’s not

There ought to be one, I’d ask support.

They have no idea. Said it’s ups. UPS said it’s Vin. Frankly I think it is UPS

@Melissa_Pruitt - This was exactly my experience - reach out to your UPS business rep, and see if they can get a business solution agent on the phone and maybe they can solve this one - I never did manage to find a solution to those quantum view notifications.

1 Like