Embed "Add to Calendar" in Email

This isn’t specific to Vin65, but can anyone recommend an “add to Calendar” link/service that is easy to use, advertisement free, cross-calendar-platform for placement in Vin65 emails? When an event ticket confirmation email is sent, I’d like to include a link like this in the email. A web search brought addtocalendar.com to my attention–anyone used this or any other service?

1 Like

I too am interested!

Cool idea, but I’ve got six events on sale right now and people are buying for multiple events. I wonder how that would work?

addtocalendar.com is no longer being maintained, addevent.com is a superior alternative.

You’re going to be limited with what you can do in email compared to web browsers, simply because you cannot embed javascript in emails.

You could also do this, which will cover probably 80% of your users:

1 Like

Yes, I understand. I don’t have that problem, but I understand that others do.

Really what should happen is that an event should have the ability to have an event-specific confirmation email just like the club confirmation email, with the initial behavior being “Use Default”. I’ll submit a request to that affect–and I encourage everyone else to do the same!

3 Likes

That’s a million-dollar idea, Lise.

I’ve been using addtocalendar links in email and website event calendar for a bit. Haven’t rec’d any questions or complaints about it. I’d love it if when you add an event in Vin65 it can create this sort of code for you to use in their or other service’s emails. And that it would contain at least a link to the event “Check for updates before arriving!” or something. Even better if it had a way to re-email attendees with any changes (or the option to).

1 Like

I think if it had that link in the emails of purchased tickets is nice too. And I wish that the pdf ticket would fill itself out more based on things you put in. At least location address, etc.

1 Like

If each event has a button that adds it to calendar, it doesn’t matter if they buy multiple. They’d simply add each one to their calendar.

Actually on reflection, if someone buys tickets to one of my events, I’d be very happy to populate their calendar with all six events. Maybe I’ll sell more tickets. :wink:

They’re separate buttons the way I do it. YOu click as many as you want to. You can click one that you’re not going to if you want too! Or you can click it when there’s no cost or email campaigns around it, etc.