Embed forms on non-vin65 sites?

I’m slowly starting to migrate our website & systems more fully into vin65. I currently use a mailchimp form to capture email sign-ups on my existing site (and from Facebook). Rather than collect these emails on mailchimp I would prefer to collect them directly into vin65 as lately I have been using vin65 almost exclusively for sending out our emails. The only thing I can find so far is to create a vin65 form, but I don’t think I have any mechanism then to embed that into a site other than a vin65-hosted site. Is that correct? Any workarounds out there? Eventually it will be a non-issue once I migrate the site to vin65 but in the mean time I’d like to go ahead and capture emails if at all possible.

1 Like

Do you have part of your website up on Vin65 already? I had a similar situation where I was (and still am) working with a seperate CMS for our website and Vin65 for our ecommerce. I created a page in Vin65 for our newsletter sign-ups and inserted the sign-up form on it and then changed our newsletter link on our original website to go to redirect to the Vin65 newsletter page.

Hi. I think I tried this once and it didn’t work, but you can try finding the form you want on the Vin65 page (whether that’s the default subscribe form or a custom one), and ‘view source’, and then copy everything between <form> and </form> tags. Then put those onto a webpage in another site. You’ll presumably have to change the relative path in the ‘action’ section to contain the full URL (https://www.whatever.com/index.cfm?method=pformV2.processForm for example). You’d have to adjust the CSS to design the form as well.

I’m 99% sure it doesn’t work.

I’d say either keep using mailchimp, though I think it bills by list size so if you’re not using it that may be a bad idea. You can use any form that you want (wuform, custom built, etc.) and just export and import into Vin65 as an alternative.

Or look here! https://documentation.vin65.com/Designer-Launch/Vin65-Remote-Widgets/Remote-Form

3 Likes

Hi Lindsey, thanks for the tip! I don’t have anything on vin65 yet (except my POS), this is my first step in what will undoubtedly be a long migration. :slight_smile:

Tsartoris, that looks perfect! I’ll give it a try and see if that works.

My developer tells me this only a basic form to collect data, not specifically a form with which to sign people up to one’s mailing list. Does WD really not supply a way to collect sign-ups off platform?

Hey @jason1,

However you set up your form within WineDirect will be used and displayed on your external site. Optional settings within WineDirect include: tying the the information to a contact, a Contact Type, and displaying an opt-in checkbox for your mailing list.

So to confirm, we can host a mailing list sign up form on another CMS that directly adds someone to our WD list?

Correct!