Newsletter templates

Anyone created their own templates for newsletters? We don’t want to have to be using a designer for this, bit disappointing that i could create much better emails in mailchimp than what i can in Vin65.

I mean, you could theoretically move over a lot of the code from your MailChimp templates over to Vin65. You’d have to change some things like the personalization fields. Or you could just use MailChimp, it’s a better EMS anyways.

We design our emails in MailChimp but then just copy and paste the HTML into a Blank Template in Vin65. It’s not perfect, but it works so much better than the Vin65 emails and saves us money by not having to pay for MailChimp account.

We tried creating our own templates in Vin65 and while it’s workable as long as you have a knowledge of HTML, it was nowhere near ideal.

1 Like

It makes sense that Mailchimp would have an easier to use interface. It’s a company that specializes in email construction and delivery. While this is only one aspect of what Vin65 offers.

It would be nice if it were easier to create beautiful emails in with pre-fab templates in Vin65 but the addition of email templates does make it easier for our clients to build their own consistent and engaging emails. This means a designer can build you a template and then you can create emails using that template over and over again for different purposes.

I like AlixisT’s suggestion. Although I think the use of a well-crafted email template would save you this hassle.

Today’s emails are far more complex than they were 5 years ago, or even 2 years ago, really. You used to just lay out some tables and system-standard fonts into a static design and you’re done for the most part. Today’s emails are responsive and use media queries and web-fonts and retina artwork, all while maintaining Outlook compatibility.

Yeah, it would be nice if you could more easily create beautiful emails in Vin65, but building a tool to do it correctly is an insane amount of work and that’s why only a few companies are good at it, like MailChimp.

Word to the wise about porting code from MailChimp or other third-party sources. Just make sure all your styling is done in-line and make sure you convert any personalization fields, as they vary from EMS.

1 Like

We create content in Mail Chimp as well and copy/paste code to Vin 65.

thanks everyone for the input will try using mailchimp code if I cant get something correct. Currently building my own template but is still not quite what id like and a little tedious to do… mainly adding of images once I start building the email itself is the issue… finding I’m having to create custom images in photoshop prior to get the sizing correct.

Will keep plugging away at it! :slight_smile:

Hey Yall,

Wanted to put this out there as an option. You can check out this page and scroll down to Email Editor.

It’s our drag and drop template that we custom design for our clients to be on brand and mobile responsive. Our existing clients are really liking it. Though we’re not free like mailchimp :wink:

Do the MailChimp emails format for mobile devices after you copy and paste the HTML? We used ConstantContact to do the same. The emails look great in a browser, however do not adjust to mobile devices.

Hope to hear back soon!

1 Like

I don’t see why it wouldn’t work as long as you’re using their css inliner, making sure that you’re not leaving in any Mailchimp language stuff, and making sure the CSS media queries are in the right place.