End of Vintage Flag?

I wish that there were another product flag that was “End of Vintage” or thereabouts. I don’t really like to delete products, both in cases of wanting to show “vintage history” information, and because it may break other things. I would find it handy to be able to flag a product with one more thing that tells me I never have to worry about it’s compliance overrides, global updates to teasers, yadda yadda yadda.

Perhaps you could set inventory to 0, change out of stock message to “end of vintage”, and move it to a “library” category?

Thanks. These are wines that I want to not show up on other things like here’s one example. I need to update a certain field in every product record that we’re selling. Maybe that’s a compliance setting. Maybe we change something with inventory handling, etc. etc. etc. I want to be able to not look at wines that are end of vintage. We can’t use the active/inactive status for this since that is used to turn them off for people ordering, etc. but is not differentiated enough from a wine we’d never re-activate and thus need to still worry about global changes to products.

I was thinking about this same exact thing a few weeks ago. I would almost like an “archive” option that removes the price, takes all of the wine notes that have been entered, along with the reviews, bottle shot, etc., and then categorized to go to a separate webpage, which I know I can do, it’s the other parts of it, by not being able to make it inactive for sale but keep on the site. Yes, I use security, sorry this vintage is sold out, etc., but that seems obnoxious when you are selling the next vintage. I’m going to figure this out when I have the time, but for now, it seems there could be an easier way.

3 Likes

I have a library page but that includes wines available for sale when we are down to less than a case and move on to the next vintage. I finally broke down and put together a “prior vintage” website category, and “prior vintage” page and added that component to the page so those wines are all together in one spot. They still say sold out because if they didn’t someone would for sure try to order one, but at least they aren’t on the same page as wines actively for sale.

1 Like

You could change that to say “call the winery for availability” or something…