Entering a new club member

We need to enter in new club members in order to track their purchase and give them their discount. However the system does not save the club information such as level and discount. On the new members main screen it still shows them as a prospect. And why must I enter a user name and id for them? They’re purchasing in our tasting room and not off the web. They do not want another user name or password to have to remember just to join our club.

Unless we are going about this incorrectly it takes way to much time to perform this simple task in a tasting room environment.

Also the month field drops down and then disappears. It takes many attempts just to enter the birth month.

Are their procedures to follow and an order to each step that we are unaware of?

You are using the POS, I presume?

After you enter in their Club information, you need to scroll up to the top and tap the Save button. A step often missed.

1 Like

I still use paper forms. I know others here disagree, but taking a new member out of vacation mode to do complicated data entry just doesn’t work for me (as it apparently doesn’t for you). During the visit we capture what we can - at least email address - so that purchases are kept track of. And I have all of my club discounts available as POS coupons (in separate promos) so that they can get their first discounts.

1 Like

This.

Did that.

I just now was able to add them as a club member . I had to ring in their order first and manually give them their discount After doing this the system allowed me to add them as a club member.

This seems bassackwards to me. Not everyone who wants to join the club makes a purchase the same day.

Same here. Moving forward this is how we’ll go about it.

You have to create a customer first before you can add a Wine Club. They don’t need to have a purchase on record.

OK, two passes then.

But why the User Id and password?

We also do paper and just enter the email and possibly the name. We have the POS coupons as well and give them a little extra discount the first time. It is also great cause they can only use that discount one time only. Seems to work just fine.

1 Like

Just a heads up to other ShipCompliant users out there who are set up to keep and report on carry out sales - If all customer data is not entered correctly (for example, billing address missing or incomplete), the order will finish in Vin65 and appear normal. However, the SC Compliance tab will have a Success of “No” and the order will not reflect as quarantined. We are able to correct billing data on these orders and Retry Compliance to get them into ShipCompliant, but finding them does take some time.