Streamlining new club member setup

Has anyone come up with ways to bypass field requirements (e.g., billing address, phone #, email) to more quickly and efficiently setup new club members? Ideally, we’d like to do it with just name and credit card info, then come back and input all other data later, but that doesn’t seem possible.

We do this in our tasting room.

At the POS, staff will enter a new club member’s name and usually an email address for clarity. They use a special promo button I created for the membership discount — something like “New Signup - 20% off” that gives the correct membership discount right away.

At the end of day we fill in the rest of the info at the admin panel.

1 Like

We do what @ryan does.

Aren’t you required to have a billing address and phone number, along with the email address, to establish the membership?

Thanks.

We sign them up on paper. Their name and email is in the system so we can match the order(s) to the membership when we actually put in the membership. And we have POS promos that match the member promos so they can get their discounts without actually having the membership in place at the time of sale.

1 Like

I’m thinking most people do this. As long as the customer receives all the benefits at their visit they are happy and don’t know that our computer doesn’t know they aren’t officially a member yet. And also I find that setting up the mechanics of the membership itself (esp. shipping overrides, seasonal addresses, etc) is something I should probably be handling personally.

1 Like

Right, if this was just for membership benefits, that would work fine. However, my concern pertains to the new Loyalty Rewards system. To earn points for purchases, the membership has to be active at the time of sale. Inputting club memberships with all the requisite information during service is a significant challenge, so I’m looking for ways to make this easier. Unfortunately, waiting until after service (this is also our current practice) is not feasible in this situation.

Cheers,

Mark T. Johnson
Hospitality Manager of Staffing, Education, & Experience Development

6555 Hilltop Lane
Dayton, OR 97114
T: 503.864.4600 ext. 1259
F: 503.865.4500
www.domaineserene.comhttp://www.domaineserene.com/

[cid:image001.jpg@01D278AD.C640B350]

I hear your point about this. I would still prefer a simpler entry, though I think that we can’t really have it both ways with simple setup and complex features. For what it’s worth you can manually assign loyalty points to a Contact, though I’m not using the feature so I don’t have any insight there.

Yep, but we’re also trying to avoid additional administrative work done by a Lead or Manager after the fact. It’s definitely a quandary. Thanks for your input.

Mark T. Johnson
Hospitality Manager of Staffing, Education, & Experience Development

6555 Hilltop Lane
Dayton, OR 97114
T: 503.864.4600 ext. 1259
F: 503.865.4500
www.domaineserene.comhttp://www.domaineserene.com/

[cid:image001.jpg@01D278AD.C640B350]