Club Discounts

All along the process it says don’t use price levels to give discounts to club members. So now after launch club members are trying to order and not getting their discount. I can’t expect my club members to remember their club discount code. How does everyone else handle this? It seems like it should automatically apply a discount if a club member is logged into their account? Why is this not possible?

This is absolutely possible! Club discounts apply automatically if a club member logs in. Feel free to reach out to the support team and they will be happy to show you how to do this.

The last time I put in a ticket it took 3 days for a reply. We are expecting a lot of orders and don’t want the big launch to be bogged down with something like this. Is there anyone who can guide me through this please.

Sorry to hear that. Usually responses are with 24 hours. Trent is working until 11:00pm PST tonight if you need help. 1-866-852-8140 @Trent

1 Like

Hi, @elizabeth!

I can certainly assist! Feel free to give me a buzz if you would like to discuss further.

Regards

Very easy to do. We use an “open” coupon that only applies to wine club levels. Wine Club members will need to log into their account for the system to recognize them and then the discount automatically applies. If you want to talk about this option, let me know.

1 Like

But not if if those club discounts require quantity thresholds. Because that would just Sell Too Much Wine™.

:wink:

Ed - I’m not sure I know what you mean. Club promotions do work with QTY thresh hold limits today.

In user choice? Mixed quantity thresholds?

Ed - Ah. As you know, both QTY and other promotions don’t apply within club processing tools (including user choice) but they do work in the general ecommerce and POS tools. We do have your request for promotions in club tools on file. It’s a good point for sure.

Trent helped me to adjust it last evening. For future reference for those who set up their own Vin65 accounts on base 3, if you want a promo to auto apply to an account such as club members who always receive their discount, you can’t put in a promo code in the setup. That limits it to those that input a coupon at checkout. Maybe everyone already knew that but obviously I did not. Once I deleted the promo code field on the promo, it worked. Thanks all for your input.

Just imagine how effective and powerful the carrot engine would be in user choice clubs. I’d argue that you’re holding it back!

Ed - I totally agree. The feature makes sense. There’s a lot of stuff to program and we’re a small team, but we’re building things and enhancing things that clients specifically ask for every week! It’s a long list, but our entire team works to better the tools for wineries.

hi @elizabeth - It actually has always worked that way. We have auto promos for club web purchases, and an identical set for POS for new members who are not yet in the system (those have to have a code to work on the POS for whatever reason). But good to be reminded! :wink:

Excellent. You got the best team in the business, so I’m confident these will come. But when going through these features, just keep in mind your company mantra. Sell More Wine.

Not Run More Reports. Or Read More Tweets. Or Print More Receipts. Sell More Wine.

:wink:

2 Likes

Or Read More Documentation. Sorry just had to add that in there. Have a good weekend everyone.

2 Likes