FedEx and Vin65

We are currently using UPS for all of our shipping needs. FedEx has just announced the addition of Cold Chain to Washington State to so we are changing carriers.

1. Why does Vin65 not allow for two carriers to be chosen
  2. Why is UPS integrated with vin65 but FedEx is not?
  3. What has your experience been with communication between vin65 and FedEX? Coming from using UPS everything worked seamlessly with vin65. We were able to print our labels through vin65. Why for FedEx do I have have to export information to them, wait for their CIS to then provide tracking and print a shipping label through FedEx only to then have to import back to vin65?
  4. Vin65-Is this a feature request you have received from others and are currently working on?

Within a given shipping strategy, you can set up the option between two carriers. Each one is another ‘type’ of shipping and may or may not have different rates. We can have types like: FedEx Ground, UPS Ground, FedEx 2-day, UPS 2-day, etc. Each type that is available to the shopper (or administrator) will present itself in the shipping options during checkout.

Once upon a time I used a set of scripts called Crossware that interfaced my UPS software with ShipCompliant, such that I could pull individual orders or club batches from SC and print labels etc. You might want to see if SC now has such a deal with FedEx.

ShipCompliant and FedEx do integrate very well. FedEx can install software that runs between SC and Ship Manager and there is a little bit of set up in ShipCompliant to turn it on. They can also send out tracking notifications. Their notifications are more specific (2nd missed attempt or held at location for pick-up) and there have been no reliability issues.

1 Like

Vin65/WineDirect,

This is relatively simple integrations that need to be done for your customer base. The lack of integration has been frustrating for us users.

Our FedEx rep has been very helpful on the work around.

Erica, do you have a reference or contact in FedEx for this integration? As we move to FedEx, our local FedEx IT folks don’t seem to be aware of this integration. Thanks!