First time running user choice

Just changed all clubs to user choice. Did a soft roll out on our “special” people. Everyone is in the custom club just only our special people were informed they could customize (letting everyone else know later). I ran the User Choice Club Season report and found it includes EVERYONE including declines so I manually made adjustments to only include people who processed in the batch. I custom sorted the doc by each wine to find the custom orders (EX: If the amount of the wine was adjusted from 1 or 0 I knew it was a custom order). I am now cross-referencing with the reports I exported from processing to make sure a stray decline didn’t end up in the mix. Luckily I only have about 15 custom orders due to the soft roll out. I’m feeling like there has to be an easier way to do this all… what does everyone else do to find the custom orders for packing?? Am I over-thinking this?

Our user choice club is relatively small as it is only 2 years old. I process everyone at once and print off all the orders. After printing I have a staff member sort them out by default or custom. There is the odd customized order that gets in with the default ones.

Your other option would be to process members as you get notification that they have edited their club. I do this with members who add on wines that are not part of the shipment. I then ship it out right away so they are done and gone and I don’t have to worry about them. Just make sure you tell members that is what you are doing.

I find that about 25% of members change their order and the rest take the default case.

1 Like

Thanks for the insight. We decided to convert all of our clubs to user choice so we are working with needles in a haystack at this point. I am considering your second point about processing as the orders come, but that would leave club orders in sales outside shipment months where we want them grouped together… I have a lot to think about! I appreciate your time helping me out!

Sounds like your club is set up differently than mine. I only send my members their club option 2-3 weeks before the shipment. In between shipments I take it off the website so they can`t access them those options. Each time there is a new shipment coming up I set-up a new season with the various options.

Yeah we do the same but we process the first Thursday of the month so when I send the email letting them know they can customize it’s the previous month. So if I process April shipment orders right away they’d be in March sales rather than April.