Running a "Pick Your Own" wine club shipment

Hey there!

We want to give a couple of our clubs a “pick your own” summer shipment…has anyone done this?
I know there is a user choice club but these are existing members and it is just for one shipment. I figured out how to set up the allocation where the club member can select their wine and quantities but it looks like it all goes through as a “web order” rather than a club order…
Is this correct? Am I missing something?

This also would mean that anyone who does not pick their own wines, we would select for them and have to process like a regular club, I think…

Any guidance or help would be greatly appreciated!!

Somebody jump in here if I’m wrong, but couldn’t you just make your existing club a user choice club, process your summer shipment as user choice, and then turn off user choice afterward? Haven’t done this myself but I suspect it could work.

1 Like

I was going to suggest the same as Dan. That option also takes care of having a default shipment if they don’t pick their own.

Cheers,
Lauren

I am pretty sure that allocations only work with online orders. Not sure how/if they work with club orders. Are you using allocations because you have the wines allocated or are you just trying to use allocations so they can choose their own wines?

It sounds like you would want the shipment to be user’s choice, but I thought I read somewhere, when I was setting up our club last year, that once a club was made user’s choice you were not able to go back to non-user’s choice. Hopefully that has changed, but maybe check with Vin65 about it.