Custom orders in club processing

@elizabeth asked in another thread:

Since i know you follow the replies, in this last club run we have had so many custom changes. I would like to know if you set up each custom order as a new club shipment, or do you just revise each customer’s order in the club shipment that they are in. Do you know what I mean? I have this fear that if I revise the individual’s order, it saves it. So I noticed when I had a declined card, their order had changed to the last customer’s custom order. Again, boy do I wish we had a best practice section from the veterans of Vin65.

I’m almost not understanding the question because it really looks like you are doing it the hard way. I use User Choice for the custom changes whenever possible. I turn off Display on Web for reasons I have detailed elsewhere. On every club package, I put in my selections and then I add the rest of our current available wines as “0”. It is tedious AF but at least it is ready when I need it (I swear Vin65 thinks all wineries should have 4 products).

Now that I have that, setting up custom orders is as simple as going into their Manage Club and adjusting the amounts. And saving it. When you go into the shipment in processing, you’ll see your changes reflected in the order.

I do usually have to edit a couple orders in processing for really special requests. I don’t like to do that because 1) it does NOT save the edits (if you get a decline you better remember to do the edits when you try again); and 2) the shipping charge gets jacked up because they don’t follow the club shipping strategy and fall back on the default - which in my case means shipping doubles.

I’d strongly recommend creating one test club where you can try stuff like this without damaging member accounts. Note that once you create a club and process an order in it, you can never delete the club - so make one test club and change it as you need to when testing.

3 Likes

@carisenr can you pass this along to see if a feature can be built like this in the future? On a brand new user choice club season being setup setup, Copy a Previous Season, then select a previously created Season and it will populate that season’s Products and default choices? It would save countless hours in the User Choice Tool setup.

2 Likes