Having to login twice on admin panel

Myself and coworkers are having to login twice. When you try to type in your username and password and hit enter it will erase it and make you type it in again before you can get in. This has been happening for a long time and happens on multiple computers.

1 Like

Hi @carol.gilbert - thanks for reaching out and sorry for the difficulties. Does this happen to you everytime you log in consistently? If so, can you tell us which browser you are using to access the Admin Panel? We want to recreate the behaviour you are describing on our end. In general, we don’t expect the log-in to require a second log in. Thanks!

Hey Carisen,

I use Chrome and it happens every single time. I’ve seen it happen to my coworkers as well.

We created a test Admin User on your site and copied the Permissions you had on your Admin User in an attempt to recreate the behaviour you are describing. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to do so and was able to log in on first try.

Can you confirm you have the latest version of Chrome? Here is how you can check: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95414

It’s also possible that a Chrome extension you have in place is causing this. Can you try logging in through an Incognito window? Here is how: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464

Let us know if either of these solution resolves the log in issue for you - we can troubleshoot further if it hasn’t. Thanks for your time!

I am indeed using the latest version of Chrome. I just tried the incognito mode and it didn’t work.

Are you in a staging/demo site? This is a known bug if you are.

How would I know if I was on a staging/demo site?

Are you migrating to WineDirect or doing a site redesign?

I’m just going straight to Wine Direct.

Hi @carol.gilbert - your site is fully live and you don’t have a staging/demo site. Unfortunately, I’m not sure why you are having to log in each time and am unable to recreate the behaviour on our end. Would you be able to create a ticket with support@winedirect.com? This issue is likely better troubleshot through that channel. One of our support reps will need to edit your Admin User password and try to log in as you or do a screen share call with you to reproduce this behaviour.

Thanks for your time and sorry for the difficulties

I have the same issue, but not every time. I also have to log in again if I go into Reports.

1 Like

Hey guys, I just created a new test account for one of our wineries and the same thing happens.