Preferred Browser for WineDirect Admin

The Admin Panel has been the absolute worst for about a week now. Everyone on my team is having the hardest time. Logging in takes ages and once in, things move sooooo slow, requests time out, and we’re repeatedly logged out.
I’m wondering if changing browsers might help? What do people prefer? Chrome doesn’t seem to be cutting it.

Chrome seems to be a problem for me in general lately. Firebox is behaving much better. (Note that I’m on a Mac.)

I’ve never seen a list of officially recommended browsers for the Admin Panel, but seeing as how chrome is the only browser supported for the web-based POS, it’s safe to say they do most of their testing in Chrome.

Personally, I’ve used both Firefox and Chrome on PC (usually have two browsers open so i can charge two orders at once without issues), and I’ve noticed no difference in usability, compatibility, and speed.

Hi @JessZander! We recommend using Chrome as your browser for the Admin Panel, and apologize sincerely for the slow response times you recently experienced. Has the issue persisted?

Tor Browser also works well.

1 Like

We’ve been having issues while editting emails where you go to change the font or colour and no options come up. We’re using Chrome. Would another browser be better?

This is a forever problem with WineDirect. And they know it. The fonts/colors/font sizes are there, the text just doesn’t show. I arrow down in the drop down. For example, I know it’s 5 arrow hits to get to Lucida Sans. ANNOYING but it works…

@CrystalCoverdale, @JessZander I went to take a look at your email documents and do see the drop downs properly, tried both in chrome and FireFox. This sounds like it could be a display issue on the screen that you have, could you check if changing this shows differently? Here’s a quick and silent recording on how it shows on my screen on a generic email from a test account.

You have to be working for about 20-30 minutes and save a few times before they disappear…

Hi Jose, It doesn’t happen all the time and now that @JessZander mentioned it happening after working in email documents for 20-30mins, that seems to be when we have noticed it too. Maybe that’s why when I started on a different browser it worked but potentially if I worked there longer it might have stopped working again.

Couple unsolicited comments:

1. Perhaps the users are using some sort of Chrome extension that is changing the functionality of the site. Content blockers (AdBlock, Ublock, Ghostery), password managers (Lastpass, 1Password) and other add-ons (Grammarly) can sometimes really screw with fields like this.

2. But, let’s be clear about this. WineDirect’s built-in WYSIWYG editor for emails and content is absolute trash and I can give you several specific bugs that are confounding.

2 Likes