Wine Club Glitch and NO Support

Anyone else has glitches with wine club?
This only started last quarter- we processed wine club and had no indication that the system glitched somehow and switched 2 wine types. We caught it and had to unpack about 80 shipments and get the correct wine in the shipments. When contacting support on the issue, that was a complete waste of time- not only did we not get any help (was told we made the error happen), but then we also did not get any response.
After hounding support, someone told us to create a new season for each wine club- which we did and now the system has defaulted all members to pickup when we have both pickup and shippers.
We are supposed to process our club in 4 days. Of course, support did not offer any help.
Anyone else have this issue?
For sure losing faith in WineDirect-

Hey Tara,

I’ve definitely been there and it sounds like a mess. Sorry you’re having to deal with this. Based on what you are saying, though, I think it can be cleaned up without too much fuss.

Generally speaking, this usually happens when you have multiple WineDirect tabs open in the same browser. The current Wine Club batching tool is archaic and, frankly, janky and will assume the state of any other batch windows in the session the second they are opened. So if somebody on your team accidentally opened up another tab or window with another Wine Club level in it, then the wine switch likely occurred.

As far as your members all defaulting to pick-up now, are you seeing this just in the batch tool or did it actually change their preferences in their individual Wine Club subscriptions?

3 Likes

Hi Tara,

Thanks for reaching out to us yesterday, I am glad we were able to get you squared away and think that this club processing should be okay now.

As Ed mentioned having multiple tabs open in the same browser can cause data corruption and information swaps, so we do strongly advise against having multiple tabs running in the same browser while making changes in your clubs or anywhere else within your admin panel.

The other possibility of course is that the incorrect SKU was linked/matched to the description within the package setup of the Wine Club Processing batch that was being setup/processed as well. It is always advised that the batch you are going to process be double checked prior to processing in case any errors may have been made while setting up your batch.

I look forward to our follow up discussion about clubs in the new year.

Cheers,

Tyler

1 Like

Hi Tara,

Sorry for the difficulties, just wanted to reach out to you about why this was happening - we previously spoke about this a couple weeks ago or last month. When I reviewed your clubs (user choice) you were using the same old seasons and re-naming them instead of creating new seasons.

When re-using old seasons (this pulls the customers old selections even if you’ve updated the products in the club season + the customer updating their selections for the club batch).

To remedy this; from the admin panel > store > club list > select one of your clubs > user choice > add a season > ‘winter 2018 batch’ for example. Once you’ve created your new season you will need to deactivate the old season.

Here is our documentation on user choice for additional information: https://documentation.vin65.com/Store/Clubs/User-Choice-Clubs

Let us know if you have any questions/concerns setting this up. Sorry for any inconvenience and looking to hearing back from you.

Best Regards,

Jimmy

We are not using WineDirect on 2 tabs and we have processed the clubs after hours on the right browser to avoid an problems.

This is my 3rd wine club now with issues- we just made a new season and it defaults all previously saved wines to the default. We then emailed all customers to ask them to login online to make changes so they don’t get the default they don’t want. When they login and “edit” their wine club, it updates the old season- not the new season. The old season is inactive and not displayed on the website. So re-using the old season creates glitches that WineDirect doesn’t know what caused it and creating a new season defaults the wine choices yet wont let them update the wines.

Any help here?!

And it is not incorrect SKU- we tripled checked that and the wine swap glitch has occurred on 2 wine clubs now. Both times it has been ran after hours on Google Chrome.

I saw in another post that Carisen recommended using the same season over and over again- which we have done for years without this glitch occurring.

Thank you for your help Ed and I apologize for not getting back
 it defaulted their wines in the wine club subscriptions- I just added another post to this thread because we are having issues (again).

Hi @TaraTay - can you submit a ticket to support@winedirect.com for this? The behaviour you’re describing doesn’t sound like what we would expect to happen and we’d like to review this in greater detail to figure out what’s going on. Thanks!

Yes will do
 I think I have pinpointed an issue