Multiple Location Inventory - best practices

I am hoping to chat with a Vin65er about best practices for inventory management in Vin65. The ideal would be a winery who has multiple tasting rooms and allows Club allocation pick ups in multiple locations.

If you wouldn’t mind sharing insights, I’ll bribe you with a bottle of wine for a quick phone call? Thanks!

We have two locations but only allow pickup at the main/winery location.

Remember that wine for club pickup is sold wine and is no longer in inventory, so that is put aside in a separate set. We don’t have a lot of space for two sets of wine at the other location, that’s why we limit it to the winery only.

Vin65 is a very limited system. It does okay for decrementing a count from a pool when an order is placed. However, when you need to process movement between pools it gets kludgey pretty fast. Also there is no mechanism for doing counts in any sort of efficient way (we have a LOT of non wine SKUs.)

So, I’m looking into finding a simple true inventory control system that I can layer over Vin65…

If you still want to talk, drop me a note.

Thanks Jeff! I’ll reach out if I can’t find the multiple location winner I’m hoping for :slight_smile:
Do you do user choice clubs? That is why we are considering moving into Vin65 inventory.

We do do user choice. User choice is great for shipping, but a little problematic for pickup since members think that making their choice at pickup time is no big deal. I made a post about exchanging within the last couple weeks or so explaining how I set that up.

The only difference between pickup at one or at two locations is your willingness to stock wine for pickup at both locations. Remember, that wine for pickup is NOT in any Vin65 pool, so it isn’t part of the equation.

(I periodically run a detail X report on orders not picked up to check committed amounts.)