Import/export Products to change them

So, I’m in the process of correcting a lot of old products that weren’t set up right in the past. Can I Export them, make all the changes in the spreadsheet and import them to make the changes all at once?

“Yes” In fact they recommend you do it that way. Read the documentation carefully, mind the warnings there, and test on a small subset before you do the whole thing.

As Jeff mentioned, be careful. Note that whatever you put in the spreadsheet overwrites whatever is in WineDirect, including blank cells. I would use the Advanced format spreadsheet to make sure you are getting all the fields. Also, I was having trouble recently with the Categories showing up properly in the export and also getting assigned properly on import. It seemed to be a known bug. Again, as Jeff said, test on a small subset of products to make sure it’s working as you intended.

It looks like the advanced export spreadsheet doesn’t match the advanced import template. Is this a known issue?

I just did an export and import within the last week or so. They matched then.

Guess I’ll have to try it again and see what happens

So download an (advanced) export and download the advanced sample. It should take a minute or two to compare.

Thanks, I think I got it. I’m not sure what went wrong the first time.

1 Like