FYI Advanced Product Import file has changed

“POS Category” has been inserted at column R.

(Guys, you could add these things at the last column, couldn’t you?)

@ElJefe - Any particular reason why you want it on the last column? The logic was to have it next to the regular ‘category’ column so thats its obivous to the person filling it out that they have the POS category option and that the regular category column can’t be used for POS categories.

The importer should throw a friendly error stating the specific columns that are missing now, as well, in case the spreadsheet you are using is older.

Yeah, that makes sense for a typist. We import a lot of new product so I’ve done what I can to make the process semi-automatic via another spreadsheet that organizes the parts that change per product and the parts that stay the same for all products. Then I always download a new sample file, I copy and paste (values) three chunks from my spreadsheet into the empty sample file. When you insert a column it screws up my chunks and things end up in the wrong place. I just happened to catch it…

I like that you added POS Category. Maybe you could add a notice in New Features when you do this so we don’t get a nasty surprise?

That makes sense, the validation should catch it if the columns are badly transposed, but I could see that causing some issues.

There should be a notification in the new features area, we definitely don’t want you getting a nasty surprise. It was added on 9/21 - http://g.recordit.co/JFKOMDMWob.gif

Let me know if its not showing up for you

Yike - I remember seeing the QB one but not the other. How odd. I usually check new features as soon as they pop up. Do you know if both new feature notes were posted at the same time?

For what it’s worth, I’m about 81% sure this new feature notification wasn’t there for me, either. Could be I didn’t see it with the QB one… but I live for these things ya know?

I know. I do too. I’m wondering if there isn’t a little glitch where - for example - if two are posted on the same day at different times, and say I look at the first one before the second one, the second one doesn’t generate a new alert on the dashboard. Just wondering. @Sean?

Hmm… That could be a possibility. I’ll do some digging into that. New features are great, but useless if nobody knows about them!

2 Likes

Oh, almost forgot - we also post new features and bug fixes on the doc site now as well, so you don’t need to be logged in to see them: https://documentation.vin65.com/News-Release/New-Features

Who goes to the doc site? :wink: