Is there an option to process a member through club processing when they are picking up their shipment?

It is one of our biggest gripes - why can we not process club orders through the POS?
We do not want our winery staff to be going into the admin panel, then into club processing to process our “pick up members”. Then there is the issue of “ship to” members coming in, taking home their shipment, but it not being noted as a wine club shipment, and we ship it again. We try to keep track of those people, but it is pen to paper, and that just doesn’t always happen. Today, I went into the tasting room (because now the staff text so I can come over and help - not helpful on our busy weekends when I am not there), so I can process through the club processor (which helps our stats), but I then realized I have to go back into the store and change the shipping status to “picked up”.
Am I missing something? Is there a way in the club processor to put through a single member and show them as “picked up”?

In club processing, click on Preview/Edit, then click the green pencil in Shipping Info. to change it to pickup.

I don’t get that option. I only get one option, and that is shipping. Maybe I need to set something up differently in my shipping options??

We try to keep our pre-shipment pickups to a minimum for this reason, but we’ve got a work around that might be helpful for you.

When club members are pickuping up shipments outside of the club processing tool (be it their first shipment on their sign up day, stopping by early to get their wine, or DIY-ing a shipment in the tasting room before billing) we use a Sales Attribute called ‘Wine Club’. In the POS Additional Order Info, it’s right under Sales Associate. Just have your TR associate set it for early pickups or other non-batch club orders, and you’ll be able to see which accounts have had a “club shipment” processed for them through POS. You can then skip them in the club package if needs be.

I also request my TR associates send me an email or make a note on a shared google doc that a certain member was in to pickup early, and needs to be skipped in club processing. The Sales Attributes does report out in most applicable reports, so you’ll still be able to calculate club revenue by adding that total into your club orders.

There is still some room for human error with this system, but it does streamline it somewhat, and reduces the double-billing, double-shipping issue.

Lets see if I’m understanding you correctly, you seem to have two separate issues:

• Shipping club members are coming into the tasting room after you’ve charged them, but before their wine has been received. Aka “I was in the area, thought I would stop by”

• You charge your pickup members when they pick up their wine, and you want to keep track of who has picked up and who has not picked up. (Is this right?)

thank you!

• They have not yet been charged when they come to pick up because they were “in the area”.

• I would like to keep track of who picks up their wine and who does not, and I suppose the “Wine Club” sales attribute will work, it just seems like a decent amount of work to go through each “pick up” member to see who has a “wine club” attribute attached to their profile.

Maybe you don’t have any pickup locations defined? That could be part of the issue. Here is what I see, in club processing the Preview/Edit:

39 AM

The green pencil in Shipping Information:

31 AM

And a window pops up with a drop down for options:

53 AM

If you don’t have a “Pickup At” then you have not enabled pickups and/or defined a pickup location. Contact support and get set up.

Processing club via POS is oft requested for the reasons you describe. It would make the process so much cleaner I agree. Please do request it using the form.

In the absence of that…

• In order to avoid or at least be proactive about it, always email your ship customers ahead of time and be clear about the deadline for making changes, which includes deciding to pick up instead.

• After running orders, the only pickup people you are concerned about now are the declines. Any declined member who shows up to pick up gets sold the wine as a normal tasting room order but they also need to fill out an update form with their new payment info. (These are kept in a secure drawer until EOD and then dropped into the safe along with the cash drop.) So I know to skip anyone with a form.

• After any subsequent re-runs of club processing I also review all newly generated orders to make sure they are not redundant, just in case. It’s tedious but a lot less work than picking up the pieces later…

Do you know about “Resume Order” on the POS? It seriously makes my life easier. It rings up the order as a club order, pulls it from the club batch, and removes the decline flag. You’ll still need the updated credit card for future shipments.

urmmm? When did they do that? :open_mouth: Also, at least when I went and tried a recent declined club order, it seemed to be ringing up as a TR order not club. Guess I’ll need to figure out a test case… thanks!

I just tested it again, it does appear to ring it up as a POS order type. I was wrong about that part.

Still really useful!

1 Like

I just tested a declined club shipment. Then paid for it from the POS and showed picked up, and it still shows to be a club order. I’ll ask my tasting room staff about it tomorrow to see what they see.

1 Like

This works great for us. We have two pickup locations and shipping choice for club shipments. Vin65 does all the work. Only wish list is that I could take inventory for two different locations for each of the pickup locations, but I’ll take it the way it is for now. We do process all of the orders letting our pickup club members know that they can pickup their shipments that day or later.

Once a shipment is run, the tasting room staff does all the work from the POS including updating declined cards. Only my tasting room managers use the backend for anything. I think that declined cards remain as “club shipments” rather than POS sales.

In the POS you can go to “Additional Order Information” while on an order and change “inventory pool” or “order type”. That might help you also. We are new, but excited about the options and control that Vin65 gives us.

We have one other approach. We have a zero cost item called October Club, which we sell in the tasting room when a club member comes in early to pick up, before we process the full club. Our club coordinator checks regularly to see who has purchased that item, and then she skips them in the club batch.

1 Like

Great idea!

wile-e-coyote-genius