Looking for some Security Groups Feedback!

Hey WineDirect Community,

I am Katie, a product manager over on the e-commerce side of things and I was hoping to get some feedback from you regarding Security Groups. Security groups is a feature that allows wineries to create groups of permissions and restrict users in that group from performing certain actions or viewing certain items. You may or may not have this active on your account, but documentation can be found here: https://documentation.vin65.com/Settings/Users/Security-Groups

I have reviewed a few requests from members already, but I was wondering if there were any other additional restriction options that we currently do not allow that you wish that you had. Please specify if you’re interested in the functionality for POS, admin panel or both.

A few examples from other members are;
• Restricting certain users from giving credit
• Restricting users to only viewing the daily reports
• Restricting users from ringing up certain SKU’s
• Restricting users from clearing a restaurant order from the cart
• Restricting managers to only ringing in employee discounts

I am looking forward to seeing what other areas you think we could improve on with this feature.

Thank you!

Katie Spires

1 Like

Hi Katie,

I could see some usefulness in restricting certain users from being able to edit a contact’s information.

2 Likes

I was thinking about gift card access. Front line people need to see and solve problems for regular gift cards, like see balances and history/orders. But there should be limits on who can modify balances. And a full admin should be able block basic admins from seeing the details of some cards at all, or being able to delete a card etc.

1 Like

Hey Jeff!

Interesting idea. Thank you!

Hi Ryan,

Does contact information accidentally get edited? Would you like to see this in the POS or admin?

Hi Katie, I don’t have that menu option in my admin panel…
Thakns,Leo

Hey there,

If you’re interested in having security groups turned on – you can reach out to support and they should be able to do it for you.

Hi Katie,

At the POS I’ve had issues with a contact’s billing address accidentally modified during a shipping order. If a customer wants to use the billing address on file, staff have to use the “edit billing address” or “edit billing contact” button to verify the information we have. Occasionally the data is accidentally edited (especially on the ipads during a busy day) and changes the details on file for the contact.

Thanks for the clarification! :slight_smile: