New social media dashboard stuff

I’m starting this because I am having an issue with the new social stuff, and maybe others are or will too. Getting it all in one thread might expedite things…

The first contact listed on the dashboard made two purchases in 2015 and we haven’t seen him since. We don’t have his name but we do have his email address. According to what I understand from today’s blog post “the dashboard populates your top 3 social influencers” so I’d like to see what he’s up to and why he is top rated. I click the dashboard to go to his contact (our number 23140) and I click Manage Social.

It times out.

I’ve tried it several times, and it times out every time.

It also times out on the other two names on the list. Help.

I submitted a trouble ticket on the exact issue earlier today. I got this response:

Hi Ryan,

The manage social tab is a remnant of our integration with VinTank that still needs to be removed. It is now obsolete.

Documentation on the Vin65 Social integration can be found here: WineDirect Classic Documentation

Cheers,
Sean

1 Like

I knew posting here would help :wink: So there is still the question, how do we access the details behind these stats?

I looked at our 3 ‘influencers’ and only found one on Twitter who has 160 followers but only 22 posts.

All they are showing me is Twitter in my top 3. Batchelor #1 hails from Orange County. He has 260 followers and typically gets one Like per post, er, tweet. He has tweeted 14 times since his visit last August.

Batchelor #2 visited from Boston and even joined the wine club during his August visit, accepting one shipment and then quitting. He actually looks like a pretty interesting dude, but while the dashboard reports 2456 followers, visiting his page reveals a count of 3181! But his last tweet was from about the time he quit the wine club. I hope he’s okay.

And Batchelorette #3 is from right here in California. She also joined the wine club during her visit last April, took two shipments, and then ghosted us (too many declines and no response to attempts to contact). Vin65 and Twitter agree on her 267 follower count. She has a pretty cute twitter handle but she hasn’t tweeted since January, and she only tweeted twice in all of 2015.

I’m not getting it…

Shout outs to the Vin65 team for putting this together so quickly. It’s infinitely more useful than the ridiculously named TMRW Engine that it replaces.

3 Likes

Hey!

We’re still capturing a lot of data from these social networks, so data is starting to roll in, we are going to be adjusting these metrics, the ideal should be that you see a person and there it should really give you the opportunity to take action on it.

“Oh, Justin Bieber just ordered a case of wine from me?? Let me reach out to him!”

Rather than what the data is currently showing is “Oh Justin Bieber ordered from me last decade, Cool!”

2 Likes

FYI, we’ve updated the algorithms a bit to show the social influencers listed by order date as the main metric.

If someone runs through an order, and their follower count is within 90%+ of the average, they will show on that list at the top, then if another person runs an order through, it will bump down, etc…

Can you bros use gravatar or whatever technology you’re using to pull photos drop those into their customer accounts and–BONUS POINTS display them on the POS at some point. @Karson

Also @Sean just because.

4 Likes