No support in "Support", support page issues too!

Working on launching our new website that is being moved to Vin65 from an outside host and it takes DAYS to get a response and usually I have to send an irritated note to get one. I don’t need progress necessarily for a response, even a simple “We’re working on it” would be great. Other than that, we have had other problems that require a support ticket and I end up going days with no response then I give up on the topic and it gets closed unresolved (with no response) or I have to send multiple notes to get even one simple answer. I’m glad support is free, but at least when I paid $10 for an answer to a question someone responded right away. Feeling pretty frustrated with the lack of support. Our website right now is pretty screwed up since only redirects were removed (over a week ago) and the URL change still hasn’t happened.
We are paying for the new SSL and URL change so I hoped that would make progress happen but it hasn’t. So we are sitting with a semi-navigable website for over a week and it takes multiple messages to get anyone to respond.
I hate complaining with no purpose in mind, so with all that being said, Vin65 Support folks/admin, is there a different way I should be going about things? I search for answers in the forums and try to only open a ticket if it isn’t something I can find an answer for in documentation. Is there a standard response period for support tickets so I know that if I haven’t heard back in X amount of hours that this is normal and to be expected? I just want to know that when I put in a support ticket, someone is going to help us.
Also, when I go to put it in a support ticket it frequently doesn’t give me a box for “description” so I can’t put in a support ticket at all. This happens when responding to support tickets as well. Here is a picture of what I’m talking about:
Thanks for reading my novel…

Because we changed our DNS settings as instructed yesterday, and things are still in limbo, we are now getting a 404 on all of our Vin65 pages. So we are literally losing sales because of the lag now. Hopefully someone can help us???

It can take some time (up to 24 to 48 hours) for a DNS to propagate, but it can be quicker as well! Here’s a good article on how this works: http://support.hostgator.com/articles/hosting-guide/lets-get-started/when-will-my-domain-start-working-propagation. Unfortunately, it’s out of the control of the Vin65 team.

Hi Brent! Thanks for the response. I admit, I don’t know a ton about how the “DNS” settings and behind the scenes website stuff works so I appreciate the reference so I can learn more. I apologize for blaming Vin65 for that bit, since I can see now it is out of your control. However, to the first part of my note, any advice/suggestions/help there regarding the difficulty with support?

Let me know the support ticket numbers and I’ll jump on those for you!

Typically tickets get a response within 24 hours if not sooner and I apologize that we haven’t met those expectations.

Feel free to email support@vin65.com instead of doing it within the app (this can be caused by a website setup issue from website designer or the initial setup by the Vin65 team if it has never worked). Our support team can pinpoint the issue for you.

Thanks Brent. Ticket 68828 is the only one open right now. I tried to open one because the coupon reports aren’t working and wanted to let you guys know but the screenshot above keeps happening preventing me from opening a ticket. Just saw you new post about emailing support. I’ll do that from now on. Thanks

Now that I know 24 hours is the target response period I will be more patient. Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unless it is über specific to your site, posting the question in this forum will often get a quicker response.

2 Likes

Thanks @ElJefe that has been the issue is that it has been specific to our site, which is more frustrating when the only person who can help you isn’t there. Looks like posting this here got the ball rolling though, so it worked out!