Odd New Customer accounts

We have recently seen that people are going on our site and creating gibberish customer profiles that essentially look like Spam. The addresses are usually in Russia or Turkey, and the names don’t make any sense.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

Jim

We are experiencing something similar through the contact us page. We also had to stop allowing comments on our blog because of spam.

1 Like

We are seeing the same thing and stopped allowing comments on the blog but now it’s coming through the newsletter signups.

Yes we are averaging one spam email sign up a day, many coming from Russia.

People are going onto ours and creating themselves as new contacts. Has anyone run into that, or have any idea what the endgame would be for that?

Should I just be deleting them ASAP?

We’re mostly seeing the spam blog comments, which I delete, and have now disallowed comments on our blog posts. I definitely delete spam new contacts when I see them.

Any way for WD to not allow contact emails with “.ru” in the email?

I’ve had a number of requests on this as well. It must be the season for spam. Even with the Captcha installed, spam signups are coming through.

Here are the suggestions I’ve seen:

• Enable Google Captcha in your admin panel, if you haven’t already
  • Add another field item question to the form where spam is originating
  • Change the URL name on the page that has the form
  • Also, Maybe WD can change the default content on contact forms in their templates?
3 Likes