Paypal as a Way of Payment

The owner wants to offer Paypal as a way of payment. Our gateway allows it and we have everything ready, however I have no idea how to implement this into the store, given Vin65 seems to have to do it. So, any plans of Paypal being implemented?

Thanks for reaching out! We don’t have any plans of adding PayPal as a checkout method at this time, but I’ve passed this onto our team’s feature request board. Cheers.

@Brent So is there a way, if I hired an API developer, to add in Paypal or is this something that Vin65 can only do? Since Paypal as a method of payment is included in every other platform, I am surprised that this is not also on Vin65, so when signing up we didn’t even think about it. I know your back-end seems to us CFML. I only do front-end design, hence the hiring a developer for this.

It is something we want to use and not sit on our hands waiting for. Has anyone been able to successfully implement Paypal payments on their site?

At this point, it’s something that Vin65 would need to do (to bake it into our platform as a payment option).

@Brent but it isn’t something Vin65 is looking towards? That is disappointing. Almost 20% of our sales occur with payment on paypal. With all the new tools and API functionality I would be curious to see why this is not being implemented already. Unless it is incompatible with the CFML that is being used on your back-end servers so it is a language hold up?

It’s on our feature request board for sure. But we don’t actively talk about that is coming down the pipe. But your request is noted for sure!

I hope so. I was really hoping this would be a quick fix.

1 Like