Refund Bottle Deposit

Curious as to why we are not able to refund bottle deposits in the admin panel using the refund feature. For purposes of accounting we use the refund feature for orders rather than cancel as it is better for reporting.

I fully agree…common sense would suggest that every item processed on an order should have an editable (ie. green pencil icon beside it) field in the refund or partial refund function allowing you to refund it as well. Alas, I believe this has been brought up before and has been ignored or given the standard “make a special request regarding the item”, so don’t expect it to change anytime soon.

We want this as well and have received the standard “make a special request regarding the item”, which we did. It seems like a very simple request that many wineries would need. We’d also love to see the refund/return function on the POS simplified too. It takes too long and there is too much room for error that it would create problems during busy season. We don’t use it and instead ask staff to print an extra receipt and write details about why the transaction needs to be cancelled which we do late and they then re-ring in the corrected transaction.

1 Like

We brought this up more than 2 years ago and still no progress. Time to put some pressure on. Seems very simple and should not even be considered a feature.

Good news! We have a new feature launching very soon that will allow you to swap out products while performing a refund. With this feature we’ve added some enhancements and have fixed some bugs in the current refund tools. Bottle deposits is one of the items that will be fixed. :slight_smile:

Is there any timeline now on the bottle deposit refund glitch? I am processing a few refunds and I am still not able to refund the bottle deposit. It is now Feb 2019 and I see the last post was in Sep 2018. Please give me some good news!

Hey @JennyGarlini, I am a product manager over here on the e-commerce side of things. Sorry you are having some issues with our bottle deposits feature, I would love to connect with you to hear more. Could you please send me an email at katie.spires@winedirect.com and outline the glitch you are experiencing?