Refunds and returns too many keystrokes

This is going to be difficult for our staff to get through. I cannot believe how convoluted the return process is.

Tried to return one bottle of wine in the order, not refund it. So partial money back on his original sale.
With customer standing there being patient, we tried to return the bottle, nothing was happening that we could see. Finally, just REFUNDED the entire order. Now that throws off our inventory and now I have to ring in from the beginning again and ask for his card back.

Come to find out after digging around the admin panel later, the return was held up in Quarantine because Ship Compliant was having server issues!! Tried to go to their website and it was down. Friday Vin65 was down for a bit in the late afternoon.

Feeling queasy and uneasy having just moved to this “cloud based” system. Doesn’t look good when we are fumbling around here in front of customers.

Generally easier to just void/cancel or fully refund an order and rebuild from scratch. It’s inconvenient, but at least it’s straight forward.

1 Like

Yes, but if you are tracking inventory, it was explained to me that if you “refund” it does not put the item(s) back into inventory. If you return, it does. Have not been able to make a return yet.

Sorry, that’s what I meant. Return.