SHIPPING for Clubs

HI everyone, looking for some help in regards to shipping for wine clubs. I have included an option for members to purchase a “bundle”, which includes 6 bottles of wine. For our 6 bottle club members, I want them to receive free shipping (which we offer on a 12 bottle purchase) when they purchase one of these bundles. Right now of course, Vin is recognizing this bundles as one sku, so the free shipping is not kicking in, I see now that I would set this up differently in the future, so any ideas how I should solve this issue now that the clubs have been set up and folks have already gone in to make their selections??

Maybe one of these will help…

If you can find the orders where they added the bundle then edit the shipping to 0 and run, one at a time.

If you can’t then run all the orders and refund the shipping after the fact. Practice your apology skills. :wink:

If the bundle wines do not appear in the other selections in your user choice season, revise the season to show the wines without yet removing the bundle. Somehow find everyone who already selected** and convert the bundle to the individual wines.

Perhaps you have a single flat rate for shipping. Reduce the price of the bundle by the single flat rate so it (yay) works out. You may need to reduce it some more to account for worst case sales tax, and then eat that delta. Prepare to apologize and to explain this to many who ask. :wink:

** I’m not very familiar with these mechanics of user choice I’m afraid. I accept choices by email and edit them myself…

Thanks @ElJefe - my goal was NOT to go through them one at a time, or have to refund shipping! Is there a way to run a report to pull out anyone who has selected on of the bundles?

If its club members going online purchasing a 6 bottle bundle, you can set the promo to look for the individual items in a bundle.

If its for club processing you, you aren’t actually selecting a SKU when you create your seasons you are putting in a product description. When you go to the club processing section, that is when you select the SKU. When it comes to processing the club, you can assign a properly built bundle SKU that will represent 6 bottles.

It sounds like these people haven’t been charged yet, so you can edit the SKU that should appear on the club batch.

Also when you refer to free shipping applying at 12 bottles, the free shipping won’t automatically apply if you are processing your club batch so you will need to manually give them free shipping on each order.

There is a big difference between people making selections, and you charging them with user choice. There are still options to work with before you actually process them and charge them.

You could try creating a Promo to give a 100% discount on the entire order’s shipping when your bundle SKU is purchased. That way, they can purchase whatever they want in addition to the bundle, and they will receive free shipping on everything.

Note that if you are doing this bundle for Club Processing, any active promotions will not be automatically triggered or included in the members’ mass club processing orders. Meaning, the above method will not work.

I don’t know. I can’t see anything, and I recall people have requested such a thing, so I’m guessing it doesn’t exist.

Here’s is another idea: create a new shipping strategy based on your club shipping strategy, but just for your six bottle club that gives free shipping on 7 items :open_mouth:

You could go to Reports > Club Members > User Choice Club Seasons > in the filters select a club and select a season then all of the club members choices will appear in the report. You can then download the report and find all of the ones who added the bundle to their selection.

For club processing I’d say give them a flat rate of shipping because in club processing you can’t apply promos automatically to members, so in a club batch if they choose 12 bottles they can’t get free shipping unless you manually override those custom members orders one by one with the “Preview/Edit” tool.

If its for club members purchasing from the website you can easily let their 12 bottle purchase be discounted with a promo.

@ElJefe - that is what I will do - free shipping on 7 items! Then on my next run I will set it up differently! Thanks!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool! I am your source for devious solutions - what tech types call “kludges” :wink: You might get one or two actual 7 bottle orders slipping through but a small price to pay I think.

OK, so it didn’t work - I processed one of my clubs (after I changed the Club shipping strategy to free for 7 bottles, and it still charged people shipping (if they ordered 6 bottles and 1 bundle - which is what I didn’t want it to do!!)
Any more suggestions? I really thought that would work!!

I’m curious to see how your shipping strategy was setup. If you just apply the proper quantity for the club shipping strategy for the free $0.00 shipping then it should’ve worked.