Shipping Online Promo

Hello,

I’m looking to make a 1 day online shipping promo for club members on black Friday. I know how to create promos with a % discount, but I can’t seem to find an option to insert a flat $5 shipping promo. Is that possible?

Thank you!
Lorena

Hey, @LorenaL. I would probably do something like this:

A couple of potential pitfalls to watch out for when doing shipping promos:

• Make sure to only allow the promo to be applicable to certain shipping types (like Ground) and not applicable to others (like Overnight)
  • Then just make sure that the Quantity From and Quantity To are in line with what you’re trying to do
  • Lastly, this is just the general caveat: If you have a Promo Code in the Promo Code field, people must put that Promo Code in to get the benefit of your flat rate shipping promo. If you don’t have a Promo Code in there, the promo will apply to any order it can be applied to. I’m partial to the no-Promo Code route myself.
1 Like

Okay, I think I got it. I’ll try out a test order when I get a chance. Thank you for your help!

Hi Zac,

I tried what you suggested but the code doesn’t seem to be working…

[cid:image005.jpg@01D235CC.FB622740]

Lorena LeRoy
Wine Club Representative l Talbott Vineyards
C: 831-737-8008 F: 831-659-3515

[TAL_Alternate Logo]

I bet your 50% off employee discount is not coupled with your shipping promo. And in the case where multiple promos are available for a specific order (and they’re not coupled), only the larger of the two is applied to the order.

I tried taking off my employee discount and coupling it with the club discount but still no luck…

Hey @LorenaL, I cheated and looked at the Promo setup in your AdminPanel. If you want to test this promo today, you should remove the future start date you have in there currently.

Also, make sure that you’re using a customer who is a member of one of those clues. It still may be that the employee discount is greater than the sum of the club discount and shipping discount on these orders.

When I was on the winery side of things, we had a dummy customer set up for every club membership just to test each promo to make sure they work. I would definitely recommend doing that instead of testing in your own account.

I think i finally got it! I did both things you suggested but then actually had to add all the states I wanted the promo code to apply to. Hopefully when we run this it all goes smoothly. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@LorenaL I think it’s great that you’re asking these questions here and now instead of waiting until the 11th hour!

Also, it’s great that it’s working now. Now you’re a promo expert. For the record though, if none of the state boxes are checked, the promo should apply to every shipping state but if it works as it, then it works. :thumbsup:

1 Like

Hello,

We just received this online order and realized the shipping was not calculated when she checked out, why would that be?

Lorena LeRoy

[TAL_Alternate Logo]

Hey @LorenaL, could be due to any number of things. Let’s have support take a look at it. If you haven’t already, would you shoot a quick email to support@vin65.com? Thanks!

Good morning,

I’ve noticed that when an order is processed for 1-3 bottles that the shipping cost does not calculate and comes out to $0.00. I checked our shipping settings and nothing has changed, so I’m wondering what is causing the error now.

Thank you!

Lorena LeRoy

[TAL_Alternate Logo]