Shipping Strategy Questions

Is there a way to assign a different shipping strategy to club members only? We want to offer a flat rate to members based off of which state they live in and there’s no way for the system to differentiate where they live in the promo builder or club processing tools. You can change the shipping discount in the manage club membership area, but it’s a percentage, not a flat rate.

3 Likes

That would be killer, wouldn’t it?

Are you dealing with a small number of members living in places where it’s too expensive to offer the same flat rate? I’m thinking of Hawaii and a few others. If so, I wonder if it’s easier to section those members off in a separate club, depending on our club set up, and then apply the promo to the other club tiers.

I was thinking maybe you could create a contact type of people who are members in certain states and apply the promo to that, but then it would unfortunately be a static list I think, so would require updating.

I’ve always handled flat rate shipping for club members with a promo. I also generally feel that if it’s getting really complicated for me to institute, then it will probably be complicated for my staff to remember, and complicated for our customers to understand. So, I’ve opted to extend the flat rates across the board and just deal with having a few members in places where it’s more expensive to ship.

I hope you’re able to make it work!

We’ve done something similar… if you click on “Advanced” under the discount section in the promo builder you can select specific states for the promo to apply to. We’ve done this to exclude Alaska and Hawaii from things and it works (and is a pain to check all the boxes!). Hope this helps. EDIT: I want to include, doing it as a promo can be a pain when needing to always couple it to the wine club discount.
Also, I set up our shipping strategy to have different shipping types (EX: UPS no AK & HI and UPS AK & HI) and set the rates within the separate shipping zones according to the different types. Shipping rates tend to be calculated by zone so this worked well for us. I’m having a hard time describing it so I’m sorry if it’s confusing. Screen shot below for a visual…

Think part of the problem is Promos do not work in the Wine Club batch processing tool, so you’d have to do some workarounds.

Well, I made an entirely separate shipping strategy for club members with all of the promo rates baked directly into it. The bummer is this only works for club processing and not for daily orders by club members.

Something as simple as specifying the default strategy for members within the club definition would seem to get us there…

1 Like

Ah yes… this is correct.

Jewelie Jukich

Tasting Room Manager

Milliaire Winery

276 Main Street, Murphys

(209) 728-1658