Wbsite Disability Access

Australian users: Are your WD sites accesible for those with disabilities? i have just had an enquiry from someone visually impaired that was having trouble using a screen reader on our website. Is this something we would need to be complient with? currently reading through the DDA but have found no specific info as yet on websites (only building access), anyone else encountered this?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hey Jenna,

I’m not Australian, but I do know that most of the non-transactional stuff can be completely configured by your web developers to support greater accessibility. Additionally, one of WineDirect’s coolest 2019 initiatives is this:

Obviously, this is for ADA (Americans) and not DDA (you guys), but it might be a good opportunity to start the conversation with WineDirect, since they are investing in this process.

4 Likes

Hi @jennanash123 - As Ed mentioned, we’re actively enhancing our platform in accordance with website accessibility standards. Our development team is using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) as a baseline, which provides a single shared standard for website accessibility that meets the needs of individuals, organizations, and governments internationally.

Check out our FAQ for additional info & designer guidance that you can share with the person who built your site. Hope this helps!

thank you, i built our site on a WD template so will have a look through the info.

thank you! will have a read! :slight_smile: