Winery Visit Followup Emails

So as we all are, I’m working to build my email list. Here is my tasting room visit followup flow, which has some issues and I’m hoping we can talk about what works for us and share some advice.

1. Customer visits, enters their email @ checkout for an email receipt
  2. Five days later I have an action email auto-sent, which has social media links, solicits a review, and suggests they join our email list (noting that they won’t get further emails unless they DO join the list)
  3. When the customer clicks to subscribe to our emails, they are taken to a hidden page on my website, where they have to enter their email in a form I created, which adds them to several contact types.
  4. Complete, I have a new email contact. Great, right?

Issues / Questions for the hivemind:

• I really just want them to be able to click a button in the email that says “click to subscribe” and then they are just magically added to my contact lists and taken to a page on my site thanking them and maybe giving them a coupon code or some reward. Is this in any way possible?

• In the form on my hidden page, in the admin panel form creator under subscription settings - if I check yes at “Show Opt In Checkbox” I do get a box but it is un-clickable. So I removed it. But I should use it, and it should be working, right? (Yes, I do have “tied to contact” selected in the form settings)

• I’ve also considered creating a short series of emails instead of just one, maybe one asking them to join my list, another for a review, etc. Does anybody do this or have any advice here?

1 Like

Our winery solved this issue by advising guests that if they give us an email for a receipt, they are automatically added to our Email list. Thus, there is no need for them to be asked to “subscribe” to the email list as they have already given their permission by opting for an email receipt. If they do not want to be on the Email list then they get a paper receipt or can opt for no receipt.

I am curious, however, how to program a post visit follow up email and would be curious to see your form email that solicits social media reviews. We do not do that but it sounds like a very good idea. If you prefer to share offline my email is jeffrey@breckwinery.com - Jeffrey Maltzman, Continental Divide Winery