1 Order, Multiple Shipping Strategies

If an order that goes through Wine Direct and uses Ship Compliant gets completed with multiple shipping strategies on it, does this break at Ship Compliant, or on the way out of Wine Direct?

Example: I want 3 things.
-A 750ml wine
-A Magnum
-A bottle opener

Top 2 require adult signature.

All 3 get packed individually.

I want the magnum faster for the event tomorrow.
I don’t need the 750s until next week

No rush on the bottle opener. (pretend a bottle opener takes its own box in this example)

Hi @tsartoris - there isn’t a way to split a single order to multiple shipments in WineDirect. In this scenario, we would recommend creating two separate orders, the first one with expedited shipping.

I’m not sure if there is a way to split an order in ShipCompliant. Perhaps someone else in the forum has done this or you can reach out to ShipCompliant support to confirm this functionality. Hope this helps!

Thanks Carisen. If anyone else yearns for this I’d feature request it. The problem is that it does ALLOW you to feel like you can do that. My vote would be that if there are multiple shipping strategies on an order (for price reasons if nothing else), that it disallows the displaying and selection of different shipping service levels. In my testing the same 3 ‘types’ of shipping are offered for all 3, sending the same underlying carrier codes, so I don’t know why it would let you feel like you can do this but not follow-through on the back end.

@tsartoris - I see what you mean and will provide this feedback to our UI/UX team - it can be misleading as you describe. The functionality is designed to help with Shipping Rate calculation only. At this time, there is no way for ShipCompliant or Fulfillment to determine which item in the order should be shipped using which Shipping Type (we don’t pass this info), so there is no real way to split a shipment in fulfillment, unfortunately.