Allocation for a SKU

Hello, just wondering if I can set an allocation for one SKU but not another? I have set up an event ticket with a member price ($80) and a non-member price ($110). The members are restricted to purchasing 2 tickets at $80 but can buy as many as they want of the other. Do I need to set up 2 products? Thanks!

In general, I would recommend using our Promo tools to create this functionality instead of Allocations.

You will want to create one SKU for $110 and create 2 Promos. First one will be for a flat rate discount of $30 for this SKU when Quantity From: 1 and Quantity To: 1

The second Promo will be for a flat rate discount of $60 for this event SKU when Quantity From: 2 and Quantity To: 9999.

This will adjust the pricing of the event ticket purchases to what you are describing.

1 Like

I do this all the time. One product, two SKUs. Then everything goes on your Event report where you want it.

I do nothing to enforce other than I make it clear that most two tickets can be purchased at the lower price in all messaging. Curiously people follow the rules on this. The only problem I ever have is someone buys 8 tickets at the non-club price, so I just refund the difference and everyone is happy.

You can do the two SKUs and then set the max limit 2 in the member price SKU, but I seem to recall having some vexing issue with that, and it turned out to not be necessary anyway. But play with that and see if it works for you.

1 Like

I’ve done this multiple ways, both the methods described by El Jefe and Carisen work.
But, I’m glad this topic came up, I’ve been meaning to post something similar relating to event tickets with different ticket levels. I’ll just post it here now, as an extension of this conversation.

We are doing a lot of event ticketing now through Wine Direct (we used EventBrite before, and I’ve previously used Cellar Pass and Vino Visit). We always have multiple ticket levels (skus), up to six per event product, to accommodate for wine club vs. non wine club pricing, kids tickets, and other scenarios. At first this seemed like the best set up WineDirect because the pricing and different options appeared more clearly on our website and for our team members. But, I’m bummed that I can only set inventory per sku, and not one total inventory for the product. For events where we don’t have many seats, but have a number of different ticket levels, it makes it tedious for me to keep track and make sure we’re not overselling on tickets.

Is there a different way that would accomplish this better and still be transparent for customers?

I’ve been wishing that I could have the option to set one overriding inventory for the entire product instead of just sku by sku.

Cheers!

1 Like

Been requested a long time ago. Would likely have utility for things other than events I bet. Be sure to put in your request.

https://documentation.vin65.com/Feature-Request

This would be very helpful!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. For now I’ll go with hoping no one abuses the allocation (tix are already on sale) and will try the promos for next time.