Event Tickets & Sales

Hello Everyone!

I am looking for the best way to sell tickets @ElJefe has been a lot of help, but I want to make sure I’ve got the best options available.

Here are the event tickets and layout.

Event Ticket Package (Date Night) - 2 Tickets, 2 Food, 1 Bottle of wine for $99 (89 for club)
Additional Ticket - 1 Ticket $25 ($20 for club)
Additional Food - 1 Food $15 (no break for club).

My original thought was to use additional skus, but that work well for PDF ticket emails or for reporting. Has anyone run into problems like this before? What have you done?

My second thought was to create two pages one for regular tickets & food, and one for the date night package.

My third thought was to create a “hidden active page” for the event and create 3 separate skus for all listed above and use “add to cart” links for buttons.

Thoughts?

You’re a quite open-minded winery - additional tickets for a date night! :wink:

One product and three SKUs means they stay on one page to load up the cart, Highlight the package as “Best Value” or “Most likely to Get Lucky” or something.

Separate products mean separate pages - having all three on the catalog page just isn’t the same.

We run adult and child tickets for our events as one product and two SKUs. We’ve had no issues with this, the right number of each ticket gets PDFed.

What about for when you sold food? It isn’t really a ticket, but is it noted? As a different product and not a ticket?

Make up a fake event and put in 3 skus. Do a few sales and run the event report. All three will be there. You can treat food as a ticket.

You PMed me some questions but I think it better to answer here so others can chime in.

I have six concerts this year. Each concert is one event ticket product. Each product has two SKUs, one for adult one for kids.

I have people ordering multiple tickets for multiple concerts in one order. They get one PDF with all of the right tickets of all the right kinds. It all works.

The reason to put all tickets under the one event is that that is how the report works. If you make 3 products “Boffo the Clown - show”, “Boffo the Clown - dinner”, and “Boffo the clown - stiff drinks” you will get three reports.

@ElJefe

Seems I am running into another problem. Discounts. The discount for the date night package is $10, but only $5 for additional tickets.

Thoughts?

This is how I think i’ll have to do it.

http://www.bellagracevineyards.com/?method=pages.showPage&PageID=EB7A7A0F-CC60-175C-AD36-BED54DC03178&originalMarketingURL=Shop/Events

I’ve fought Vin65 from Day 1 about promos on products vs skus. As soon as you have 2 skus chances are pretty good the promo will be applied differently. I have only two answers assuming you mean to have it all in one product:

1. Only have one discount, on the date package. Set the others to “no promos” (this is how I do it, kids tickets aren’t discounted.) You probably want to sell all date packages and this will encourage it.

2. Set the date package price to $49.50 per person. Require date tickets to be bought in pairs only. :wink: Set the promo to $5 off.

Actually if you make the solo package be two glasses of wine, then you don’t have the odd man out problem. And it’s very modern for someone to take themselves out on a date. :wink:

Thank you! This event ticket thread has been very helpful.