Animated .gif uploaded through content editor doesn't work?

Hi,
Just kind of curious, why is it that an animated .gif file only works if you FTP it to the server but not if you upload it through admin panel, etc.? A server setting?

I believe the AdminPanel will actually change/compress the file asset depending on what type of image format you are uploading and whether you are applying any HTML/CSS scaling to it. It’s a mess. Vin65 is aware of it but doesn’t really care.

Does that mean that if you ftp a photo then it won’t go through their change/compress? I use photos a lot on the web, so I always reduce them before upload, but I am not sure that I like what Vin65 does with my uploads.

As well as my logo which I can’t up load myself, but maybe I can find it with ftp. Anyway if I put my logo on my Koisk page through Vin65 just in the “body” of that page, it looks better than when Vin65 puts in it as the standard for me.

I’m not sure. I think if you upload them via FTP, they are safe until you interact with them in the Content Editor. @carisenr or @Sean would have to verify. I’m not sure if they still read this forum, though.