Upload Video Content on Website

I am looking to change our rotating slideshow on our homepage to a flyover of our vineyard. Is it possible to upload video files in the Content Editor, specifically as a new content block? Looking through previous discussions, this was not a reality at the end of 2018 and I don’t recall seeing any updates in 2019 as to whether video uploads are now a possibility. Thanks!

That’s going to look awesome! You can’t upload them through Content Editor, but you can add them via FTP. We use them on one of our websites.

If you’re unfamiliar with FTP, don’t be scared, just think of it as accessing the file directory for your website. You can follow these instructions below:

https://documentation.vin65.com/Designer-Launch/FTP

Just note to be careful in there because if you end up deleting an HTML or CSS file, it may adversely affect your website. I would just go in there and create a new directory called Video and them upload your video.

If you are using them for slideshow backgrounds, just make sure it’s fairly small in file size and the video is in a format fairly ubiquitous like MP4.

Holler if you need any help!

Thank you @EdFarmCollective! We are hiring a designer for another brand of ours, so I may have them tackle this video too. I’ll play around with the FTP a bit and see what I can come up with in the interim.

Cool! Post back here when your refresh launches! I’d love to see it.