Attaching sales associate to transaction

We were looking into adding the POS PINS to connect our sales associates with customers they serve. However we don’t use auto logout and putting a PIN in every time an associate makes a transaction on the weekend when it’s very busy we don’t think would be the best use of time management. Yesterday I started using the back end of the transaction where you can attach a sales associate to that transaction but this option didn’t come up every time. I thought it might be because of a lack of information (shipping, etc) in customers name but this didn’t seem to matter. I was wondering if there was something else missing that we needed to do so this option came up every time?

There is a tool in Settings > POS Profiles there are settings where you can set the “Additional Order Info” window to always display and it will pop up automatically on each transaction, and this is the tool that lets you choose who the sales associate should be for your sales each time.

Otherwise logging out each time and putting in a 4 digit pin is quite common, but if you want to avoid that and just let everyone have access you could just use a generic login for a busy weekend and ensure everyone is adding their sales associate name in the additional order info window.

Thanks!

Dan

I do force the auto-logout and use the PINs. I really like being able to know who to talk to about certain transactions should I need to follow up. Our staff doesn’t mind logging in with their PIN each time, though this weekend I did turn it off until Monday so that they could speed things up, and I had the same person at the POS for the most part.

I think forcing the PIN login is better that using a generic login, faster than using the Additional Order Info window after each transaction, and also more reliable. A bluetooth keyboard can help to speed entry up a bit too.

1 Like