The old issue of canceling a POS transaction when you get to the signature screen

We lost a large sale* on Sunday because an error in the order was discovered after leaving the tip screen. (Let’s just say the total $$ for the order had a comma in it.)

The customer was furious that the order had to be completed** before it could be canceled and he wasn’t convinced that it was actually done (on the admin panel where the customer can’t see it and even if they could, how would they see it?).

Not being able to cancel a POS order in a way that the customer can understand, before the final capture, is no way to go through life, son.

In your POS improvements you are doing now @brent and @karson maybe you could address this?

*Thankfully I was able to reach the customers and entice them to return. However you can imagine that I would rather not have to do this.

**There is an inelegant way to avoid completing, however it is NOT customer friendly. I may post the procedure sometime soon.

1 Like

OK, El Jefe (AKA Yoda) or anyone else out there for that matter! My POS stations do not print the name of the Customer on the receipts!!! I cannot find this even discussed. Am I missing something??? :frowning: