Australia: Has anyone had e-parcel import success?

After repeated attempts and multiple downloads of the E-Parcel Orders report, I have not been able to successfully import consignment information into the Australia Post E-Parcel system and am facing a massive task of manual data entry for mailing labels. Has anyone in Aus had success with this function? I have tried all combinations of old and new formats. The data log indicates that column content is unexpected.

Fighting every lobe in my 14-year-old brain not to make a kangaroo postman joke right now.

Or the Spanish Inquisition…

1 Like

From what I can tell it doesn’t easily. The E-Parcel import form expect a consignment line, then an article line. The work around is to export the csv file, then open it up and do some manual editing. The csv file virtually takes care of the Consignment line with a little tweaking, but then you have to insert a line between each line in the csv file to add the article line. At the current time, we ars still manually entering orders in E-Parcel.

@Mikeyk - We recently updated the format of our eParcel export so it should now work with the new format that Australia Post offers. We have found that some clients are still set up to use the ‘old format’ within Aus post, but they have a setting that can be toggled which will allow the new format that is exported from our system to work.

Where do we find the setting to change in Aus Post?

I’ve toggled between old and new and have success with neither. I think that part of the problem lies in Mikeyk’s response about the article line that is missing from below each consignment line. Now that I think about it, another online order system that we use exports an e-parcel file that includes this second line and it does actually successfully import into E-parcel, although still with some minor tweaking.

This is in your Administration / Merchant Location Details tab once you have logged into e-parcel. If it works for you, ping me at Josef Chromy Wines and I’ll give you a big gold star.

AmyR, you are a legend. I’ve only imported one record as a trial, but it worked fine for me this time. Cheers!

1 Like

I’ve just had success #1 too - if anyone else is looking for a work around, try this:

• export a csv file from a recent E-Parcel manifest
  • delete all but the first consignment
  • cut and paste content from the Vin65 e-parcel report into that file (make sure you copy into the correct column - don’t cut and paste whole row because Vin65 output doesn’t include all columns contained in the E-parcel output)
  • copy anything extra from the first row (ie E-parcel output) that doesn’t appear in the content from the Vin65 output)

good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow! this is a nightmare! anyone have any success yet? spent half a day on it? would have been quicker to manually enter them all…

i keep having the issue of no qty? so therefore doesn’t import consignemnts? anyone know which column this should be? G_QUANTITY ??

Hi All,

It looks like the charge account is incorrect, I recommend contacting Auspost and confirming this with them, the import will not upload if your charge account is incorrect.

One other thing to check, please make sure your account with Auspost is setup to accept the new type of import form, this can also be easily changed by Auspost.

Contact eParcel support team at 1800-287-457

Please let me know if you run into any further issues.