Base3 templates output area lagging/getting "stuck"

Here to report getting the spinning wheel like crazy for the output section of templates, for all types (page, content blocks, product stuff). The only one that seems to be working/accessible is the default page template.

Here’s a long, boring look at it happening: http://recordit.co/Hu4lqezBAj

Everything else is loading at normal speeds so I don’t think that it’s just things taking long to load in general. I’ve tried logging out and back in again, it doesn’t seem help. As an example for the wait time, I’ve had the Default Product List (3up) template trying to load the entire time I’ve written this forum post with no output showing up yet.

ETA : it appears this is only happening for me in Chrome. It also happened earlier today on a different machine.

I haven’t seen this when working with Base3. I’m hoping this was just a one-off day for the system.

There’s more html work within the Vin65 admin panel now that they’ve moved to the page template system. I’ve asked for import/export of content blocks and we should also have this functionality for page templates. I’d like to work on content blocks and page templates locally, same as the .htm layouts. This could be a helpful tool for those in-house Vin65 designers working on their template designs. Right @Andrea? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Seconded! I’ll add that being able to work locally would also mean easier to back up and version. :slight_smile: