Carrot for shipping from TR/Winery or off-site fulfillment house

We are going to begin on-site shipping rather than through the fulfillment house we used in the past; however they will still hold the licenses for some states, thus we’ll still use them for some orders. How can we add a carrot to remind employees to change from POS to fulfillment house based on the state we are shipping to?

There’s probably a way to hack this in (like through contact types), but there doesn’t seem to be any shipping state criteria in the carrot tool.

Hi,
If your orders are going through shipCompliant (SC) prior to going to the fulfillment house. I would recommend having the settings changed to have all orders stop at SC prior from releasing to the fulfillment house. This will allow you to go to your SC admin panel, and see all the orders at the end of day and select by state the ones that go to the fulfillment house of your choice and release, and then the rest changing the fulfillment house to “inHouse” and release, this will allow you to only send to the fulfillment house the states that are needed.
For more info on how to make the SC changes, please contact us at support@winedirect.com

1 Like

Depending on how a winery processes inventory, I think this solution may complicate things for them. I’m thinking this because the order will originally be processed in Vin65 as pulling inventory out of x-location, but then if it’s flipped in SC as pulling inventory out of y-location the reports between the two systems may not match up.

I’m a bit confused on why this would create issues with inventory. Here at WineDirect you can’t change the inventory pool automatically depending on the State that is being shipped to, but if you have two fulfillment houses (for example purposes let’s say WDF and inHouse), it should be reasonably easy to continue having both inventories working properly on WineDirect.
One example:

• Have a shipping strategy set as default that would be the combination of your shipping inventory in WDF and inHouse), this will be the one sent over to shipCompliant automatically.
  • Once the orders stop at shipCompliant, you would grave the States that need to go to WDF and release to fulfillment, after that the rest of the orders would be released to inHouse shipment.
  • Download the report that shows the inventory as it was moved in shipCompliant to each fulfillment place and upload the inventory into WineDirect e-commerce deducting from your WDF and inHouse pools.
  • You can verify that both are correct by matching the total inventory in both inHouse and WDF with the default “shipping pool”, which should have the same amount.

Hopefully this helps a little bit if anyone is having this issue with our platform.

JP